Complaint Review: Moto Tech

• Moto Tech
    7126 West Victory Rd.
    Internet
    United States of America

Moto Tech Mechanical work mis-diagnosed and major overhaul performed because of it and still got charged. Internet

Took my perfectly running 2001 CR 500 in for a fork tune-up and was upsold a new set of sprokets and chain.  Also had them clean my air filter, change my oil and replace spark plug.

The next day I picked it up and went riding.  As soon as I left the staging area I had trouble shifting.  This continued throughout the day.  It didn't want to shift from 1st to 2nd and all the upper gears were hard to shift into.

About 1 mile up the trail, my seat fell off.  They forgot to put the bolts back into the seat when they cleaned the air filter.

I took the bike back in the next day and told them about it.  They said the sprockets had nothing to do with the shifting problem, but my clutch felt tight and I probably needed a new clutch.  They made some adjustments to it, but it didn't fix the shifting problem.

They then said that it could only be the shifting shaft and fork and the bike needed to be completely tore apart, cases split to find the problem.  They quoted me $680 plus parts to do this work.  I was upset because the problem only showed up after I took the bike to them, but I had no choice if I wanted to salvage my bike.

When they split the cases they found that their mechanic had over-tightened the oil drain bolt crushed the washer and driven the drain bolt into my shifting rod.  The owner was only willing to split the cost of labor for their mistake and still charged me for all the parts necessary to put it back together.  I was also advised I needed a new clutch.

Since the problem was their mis-diagnosis I felt they should have not charged me for the labor to find the problem, and the parts to put it back together.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2012 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/moto-tech/internet/moto-tech-mechanical-work-mis-diagnosed-and-major-overhaul-performed-because-of-it-and-st-984905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content