Report: #843329

Complaint Review: Mutual of Omaha

  • Submitted: Thu, February 23, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 23, 2012
  • Reported By: jerredg — DUNLAP Tennessee United States of America
  • Mutual of Omaha
    Mutual of Omaha Plaza
    Omaha, Nebraska
    United States of America

Mutual of Omaha Ripped me off do not deal with them. i wish i had looked this company up first before trusting my money Omaha, Nebraska

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

I believe it is wise to carry insurance on everything that is valuable, one of those things is my income so i bought a policy on short term disability in case of an accident from Mutual of Omaha that would pay 60% of my income if i were unable to work. I have had this policy for about six years, I turned down other companies such as Aflac thinking i am covered. Well the unfortunate happened and i ruptured three disc in my back in an accident at home and the doctor took me out for treatment.

My job requires a lot of bending, kneeling, crouching, and lifting up to 65 pounds as outlined by my HR director with no light duty so we sent in all of the information including two MRI scans and the doctor restrictions, no worries right? Wrong Mutual of Omaha has their own board of medical examiners that says they do not agree with the treatment (how convenient) and denied the claim. I went to three doctors and all had the same treatment. I pay for medical insurance to make sure that my treatment is the best. I do not need my short term disability insurance that i pay for to question my doctors or my health insurance company's decision on my health. I need them to cover my 60% of salary while i am being treated by my doctor as agreed.

Do not deal with this company

I wish i had read a review before i bought this policy from a bunch of crooks who are probably playing golf talking about screwing over more of Americas hard working trusting citizens while I lay here in pain wondering how to pay for everything that i bought working for a living for 18 years honestly and with integrity. like the other 90% of America. The other 10% will be the ones who try to justify their actions, so speak up

Is this Ripoff Report About you?
Ripoff Report A business' first line of defense on the Internet.
If your business is willing to make a commitment to customer satisfaction Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation? Fix it the right way. Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight: Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2012 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mutual-of-omaha/omaha-nebraska-68175/mutual-of-omaha-ripped-me-off-do-not-deal-with-them-i-wish-i-had-looked-this-company-up-843329. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.