Complaint Review: MVQ Shopping Essentials Plus/Vitacost

• MVQ Shopping Essentials Plus/Vitacost
    www.shoppingessentials.com
    Internet
    United States of America

MVQ Shopping Essentials Plus - Vitacost AP9* Shopping Essentials Monthly unauthorized credit card charges which "I agreed to when I accepted a rebate offer from Classmates.Com" in June '08. Internet

In June of '08, I accepted a 3 month promotional 3 month trial offer for a Gold membership in Classmates.com.   A few months later, I noticed I was still a "Gold" member and was being charged a fee every 90 days on my credit card.  This continuing charge was never authorized by me.  I called and cancelled that membership.

Today, Sept of '09, while reviewing charges on my credit card, I noticed that there was a monthly charge coming out and going to MVQ Shopping Essentials (22.95) and going further back to AP9* Shopping Essentials (19.95).  I guess they raised their prices when they became MVQ.  These charges began in June of '08.

I immediately called and discovered that this charge had resulted from me supposedly (I have NO recollection of this) accepting a $10 rebate offer from Classmates.Com when I had originally signed up for the promotional offer.  I was told that I could cancel this membership and receive a refund for 1 month!  I asked to speak to the supervisor and was told I would receive a full refund that would be credited to my account within 2 days.  We'll see if it happens...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2009 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mvq-shopping-essentials-plusvitacost/internet/mvq-shopping-essentials-plus-vitacost-ap9-shopping-essentials-monthly-unauthorized-cred-490085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content