Complaint Review: MWI Connections

• Reported By: Washington District of Columbia
  • MWI Connections
    9500 West Dodge Rd
    Omaha, Nebraska

Member Works - Vertrue - MWI Connections plus ripoff fraudulent billing Omaha Nebraska

Apparently got sucked into this in March 2004 when I used a $20 gift certificate for Amazon.com. I first noticed $14.95 being charged to my credit card in May for MWI Connections. When I called the number that appeared on the monthly statement to ask what the charge was for, the representative claimed he could not tell me exactly since the company offers a wide variety of services and I didn't have my account number. He was not helpful in any way.

I meant to investigate further but forgot about it. Last week, when looking at the latest credit card billing statement, I noticed the same charge again for MWI Connections. Subsequently called the company which had apparently changed its name last week from Member Works to Vertrue. Quite conveniently the representative could not see a record of my first call to the company to inquire about the nature of the charges. I expressed my considerable disenchantment with the company's fraudulent business practices. She said all she could do is credit the charge for the current and prior month. I informed the rep that I would be filing a complaint with all relevant state and federal authorities!

I was glad to see from the search that there have been many other complaints regarding this company. I wasn't being paranoid!

Diana
Washington, District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2004 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mwi-connections/omaha-nebraska/member-works-vertrue-mwi-connections-plus-ripoff-fraudulent-billing-omaha-nebraska-1033202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content