Complaint Review: Mwi*connections - Mwi*simple Escapes2

• Updated: Wed, December 24, 2003
  • Reported By: Lincoln Nebraska
  • Mwi*connections - Mwi*simple Escapes2

Nationwide

Mwi*connections - Mwi*simple Escapes2 ripoff, misleading, sneaky, fraudulent Nationwide

The following charges showed up on my credit card bill:

Mwi*connections 800-750-4364 Ct $96.00

Mwi*simple Escapes2 877-836-6903 Ct $159.95

The first one is from last year, which somehow got by me. I'm not sure how long this has been going on. I called the company and the lady sounded very surprised that I didn't know why I was being charged. She apologized and acted like I should have known. She informed me that when I purchased some American Bandstand CD's over the phone, I was asked if I wanted to join this company (?) and I accepted.

First of all, I made the purchase years ago and she stated that I made it last year. Secondly, I know that I would not accept this unless if was presented to me in a misleading fashion. When I questioned the lady on why the price had jumped so high, she informed me that I had reaceived a brochure asking if I wanted to upgrade my membership. Apparently the brochure (which I'm sure I would have thrown away with the rest of my junk mail) stated that unless they heard otherwise, they would go ahead and upgrade my membership for me. I am trying to finish school and am in debt already. These charges have been devastating for me financially.

Suzanne
Lincoln, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2003 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mwiconnections-mwisimple-escapes2/nationwide/mwiconnections-mwisimple-escapes2-ripoff-misleading-sneaky-fraudulent-nationwide-75800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content