Complaint Review: My Business Venture

• Reported By: Jonathan — Edmonton Alberta Canada
  • My Business Venture

Internet
    USA

I responded to an ad on Canada Franchise Direct about online e-commerce and very shortly after I received a call from a salesman named Bruce Witkin. Mr Witkin assured me that if we bought one of their "packages" we would be making money from day one and recoup  our investment within 60 days. We were told that the the Enterprise package with it's "MBV university training" was the gold standard with a price tag of $3995(about $5500 Canadian) was the way to go if we wanted to ensure success  and that is what we chose. We gave Bruce our savings and was told we would have three days to back  out if we were unhappy. However, the slow as molasses website that they sell to everyone took 4 days to be up and running. If we had known we were getting a website  everyone else gets, we would have backed out, but it was too late. Imediately after we plunked down our savings to Mr Witkin, he started pushing expensive, but useless upgrades on us. We did let him talk us into Google verification for $295($400 Canadian) even though we had no sales. We were told that we would have access to over 14,000 retail products with a mark up of between 35 and 200%. Once we started advertising on Amazon, e-Bay, Bonanza, Etsy, Craigslist, Kijiji as well as social media,we quickly realized that so many other people are advertising the same products cheaper than we could get it as gold members of through Sunrise Wholesalers. If we had been permitted to see Sunrise's gold member prices before we gave Witkin our savings we would have walked away immediately. As for the "MBV tUniversity training"  from Kurt Higgins that is 90 minutes over three sessions of him telling you to budget your time, and advertise. Kurt higgins is a total waste of time and money just like everything else about MBV. Mr Witkin lied about the sales, he lied about the profit margins, he lied about the websites, his company offers no active advertising campaigns for the thousands of dollars they charged us. All we have to show for our $4300($5900 Canadian) investment plus $50/month($70 Canadian) hosting fees is membership in the small and uncompetitive Sunrise Wholesalers that we could have purchased on our own  for $99/year. My wife and I were going to invest in a real business opportunity where we would have had real customers, but instead we fell for the lies and non disclosure of Bruce Witkin. There are many good wholsalers you can  become a member of for a nominal fee that will also help  you market their products which are better than Sunrise. If you want a webstore,  there are many options available you can utilize for as little as $15/month.   MBV is a total scam and naturally you will kiss your money goodbye.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2017 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/my-business-venture/internet/my-business-venture-bruce-witkin-my-business-venture-is-a-total-fraud-smithtown-newyork-1371269. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Sounds familiar..

AUTHOR: Jose - (USA)

Unfortunately, I realized of the mistake I made after spending about 5,000 with them. You just have three day cancellation, but you receive the website after that ,so how you could know if the website is good or not? Not fair at all. I have on of these websites, but I'm about to close it. I did marketing by myself, then tried two guys to helped me, finally I worked with a Marketing Agency., and results were too poor too. It's hard because a lot of people are offering the same product through Ebayz, Amazon , their own websites, etc. I found that my"customized" website has the same text on other websites selling the same stuff, and very similar designs..at the end, I realize, that I do not need an intermediary to develop this business..too late..I know. The magic word is dropshipping, you can google this word and you can find out how many providers are able through the web. And if still you want an online store you can use Bigcommerce, Shopify or other to buid your own website., Don't pay for basic courses because you can find really good information on You Tube, neither for videos that you can find on Fiverr at low prices. Go to SBA to get informed about franchises, and ask for successful cases talk to owners and draw your own conclusions. Research a lot before wasting time and money because after paying you can figure out what could happen if you don't like the product or the service..

help

AUTHOR: - (USA)

I'd like to get in touch with somebody working with these sites. I got one, but it's really hard to sell products, and I'm trying to talk to somebody about it, to see if there's any way to make money from this...

My business venture

AUTHOR: Disappointed - (USA)

I also bought this package and my business venture does have a very bad customer services once you bought it you basically are by yourself, and it is hard to make money with this package..

My Apologies To My Business Venture

AUTHOR: - ()

I would like to apologize to MBV and the individuals named in this complaint.  I started a business with MBV without my wife’s approval and she placed this review in hopes I would be forced to cancel my relationship with them.  The truth is, I have actually done very well with the program and I look forward to keep working with them.  I have requested that Ripoffreport remove this review, as it is not accurate or factual,  but they have not done so, therefore I am writing this rebuttal.   I am sorry for the trouble caused by posting this false review and I look forward to continuing doing business with the team at MBV.