Complaint Review: My Cafe Cup

• Reported By: Craig — South Glastonbury Connecticut United States of America
  • My Cafe Cup

Internet, New Jersey
    United States of America

My Cafe Cup Deceptive advertising, Website bait and switch, refused to alter or cancel order Internet, New Jersey

Their website is set up to be misleading and out right theft.  My 10.99 order turned into over 60.00 without the option to change or cancel.  When I finally reached them on the phone they said it was too late to cancel.  I said I am looking at my order right now and your website says it has not shipped.  They insisted it was too late and I could refuse shipment and get a full refund.  Two days later I got notice that the order had shipped.  Several days after I refused the shipment, I received an email stating they would not refund shipping and handling--almost half the order.

They mislead you in their ads on tv, their website is the most outrageous example of a bait and switch con job with no option to change or confirm order and they refuse to allow cancellations.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2012 05:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/my-cafe-cup/internet-new-jersey-/my-cafe-cup-deceptive-advertising-website-bait-and-switch-refused-to-alter-or-cancel-or-984224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content