Complaint Review: My Life/ My Reunion

• My Life/ My Reunion
    California
    Internet
    United States of America

My Life/ My Reunion My ReUnion CREDIT CARD FRAUD NON AUTHORIZED CHARGES/OBTAINED NEW CREDIT CARD # NEVER GIVEN TO THEM! Internet

BEWARE of this company all consumers!  I had signed with this service to find old high school friends for a membership length of 1 month at a price of 19.99$.  They offered several membership lengths, but I was not interested.  As well, the charge card used was one I still had active during that month only.  The following month my credit card company alerted me there was fraudelent activity and shut the card down.  At no time did I ever revisit this sight nor give them a new credit card # for billing.  This occurred in December of 2010.

January, February 2011 went by without charges because the old card had been shut down.
Now two months later, March 28, 2011.  A new charge shows up on THE NEW CReDIT CARD JUST ISSUED IN MARCH for a renewal charge of 17.95 for My Life/My Reunion!  I telephoned them and they indeed confirmed I had only signed up for 1 month and told me they would immediately refund the amount.  I asked why they charged the card without authorization and they had no answer. I also inquired as to how they acquired my new credit card # which was just issued to me this month...still no answer. They pleaded ignorance.

At this point I am going to report them to my credit card company as fraud; the only problem I have been told by the card companies stated is difficult to track authorization on the internet.  I am VERY alarmed they were able to secure a card # NEVER given to them and the fact they charged without authorization.  Now just to see if the actual refund will appear.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2011 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/my-life-my-reunion/internet/my-life-my-reunion-my-reunion-credit-card-fraud-non-authorized-chargesobtained-new-credi-711535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content