Complaint Review:

• Updated: Tue, March 14, 2017

• Reported By: KeithCole — Princeton West Virginia USA
My Tax Prep Office
Internet USA

My Tax Prep Office The software keeps calculating errors and omitting information. Internet

Making the decision to switch to this software has been the absolutely worst decision I have ever made in business. I have had over 30 returns have a glitch in transmission, resulting in a lower refund amount; and we have had to amend those returns because the software did not carry over the correct amounts.

My clients are receiving emails regarding an omission of the 8867 related to education credits. The changes to the 8867 were not implemented until March 3, 2017... we've known about these changes long before March 3, 2017. The software should have been updated to reflect these changes before risking our clients to possible fees and penalties.

Our previous year information did not convert over, as advertised.

This has been the absolute worst decision I have ever made.

They are difficult to reach.  We had several returns that we prepared and the software would not allow us to transmit.  We would send the return to the support team and it would be days before we would hear back, after multiple attempts to contact them.

They charge $15 for every tax return prepared and cannot even provide support to their clients.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2017 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/my-tax-prep-office/internet/my-tax-prep-office-the-software-keeps-calculating-errors-and-omitting-information-intern-1361623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Tax Prep Office