Complaint Review: My Tech Help

margate, Florida
    USA

My Tech Help Fraud, computer fraud margate Florida

*Consumer Comment: Scammed me too

I can confirm that a search for "apple care support number" brings up their "support" number.

When you call the automated system says thank you for calling tech support then gives you several prompts for the device you need help with.

The representative is very nice and mannerable however pretends to be an Apple support representative. They probably try to confuse you while still being legal by saying "This is support for Apple products" but not saying this is Apple support or something like that.

Also whenever I would ask about what products they have the rep used the words "we" as if they were Apple, instead of using "they".

I wanted Apple Care Plus for an ipad Mini that I was buying while at best buy. They took my info and said they would connect the plus support with the Mini and that i would get an email with everything i needed to connect the mini with the plus care.

I never received any email, and found a 119 dollar charge on my credit card.

I called them to give them a chance to rectify the issue but they put me on hold to get me to their billing department for what seemed like over a half hour.

I contacted my credit card company and they were able to remove the charge but I want to let everyone possible know to watch out for this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2013 05:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/my-tech-help/margate-florida-33063-3962/my-tech-help-fraud-computer-fraud-margate-florida-1050424. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Scammed me too

AUTHOR: Jeff - ()

Yep, they got me too.   I can't believe Apple uses these scumbags.   Took my money, passed me on to another 800# who laughed at me.  No fix - No refund.   Full on Scam.