Complaint Review: MyInfo1.com

• Reported By: Blinky One — Calabasas California United States of America
  • MyInfo1.com

Internet
    United States of America

Beware of  Mugshots  @  www.mugshots.us.org when seeking to search a background check on-line.  This is a 'bait-n-gank' scam that promises you a full report for only a $1.00 but switches that amount to $19.99 as soon as they get your credit card information.  The scam, which declares you are only being charged $1.00 for the background report, that once you enter your credit card info and click 'get my report' from the site, WITHOUT your knowledge, the charges to your card are $19.99, instantly, and then it continues to charge that same amount every month thereafter.  There is only a 'chat-line' for complaints, no phone number. After I got suckered-in, I then noticed that it was a '.ORG' site, to which they are illegally operating with as it is a 'for profit' organization.  After numerous complaints on their 'chat-line' about my refund, I have still yet to receive any money refunded as promised by them.  This is 100% an internet scam.  When you google 'mugshots' - half the internet search is related to refunds. Hope this helped you out BEFORE it was too late!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2012 09:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/myinfo1com/internet/myinfo1nbsp-internet-bait-amp-rip-off-internet-978885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

CS .. We are here to help you this was a mistake just email us, you will get a full refund!

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Dear Blinky One,

I apologize for any inconvenience these charges have caused you. I can offer you a refund if you email me directly at josh@myinfo1.com. Again, please email me and I can get back to you right away.

Josh F.