Complaint Review:

• Updated: Thu, July 02, 2015

• Reported By: janet20576 — Burlington Vermont USA
MyLife
Internet USA

MyLife MyLife is worthless if you want help in removing private information Internet

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

MyLife sent me a frightening email claiming there were over 40 internet companies selling my private information. They said I was at high risk for identity theft and they could help make it easy for me to remove my information from these sights, pointing out how many hours of contacting these companies on my own would take countless hours. I applied for their service and was billed immediately.. I began to get regular emails with names of companies selling my information, and was given the option to "remove" my information. Each time I chose to do this, I was told "request to remove sent". Three months after requesting my information be removed, I called MyLife and complained that nothing was happening, that although over 40 requests had been sent out to remove, only one was confirmed by MyLife as removed. Each week MyLife reported that these companies were selling my information, and gave the date a request to remove had been "sent" on my behalf. I asked what their expensive service was worth if they were not able to do what they promised. I was told that "these things take time" and that I had not waited long enough. I was assured that progress would be made soon, and that I needed to be patient, so I waited. That was over 8 months ago.

Now MyLife reports over 50 companies holding my information, and I'm at very high risk of my identity being stolen. Out of the over 50 "request to remove" actions taken, still only one confirmed removing my information. Either their service lies and does not request removal, or their requests are ignored and worthless. Either way, all this company has done is worry me constantly, and fill my inbox with growing proof of what they cannot do. I am unable to get my money back because the "requests" were sent, yet they have no obligation to resend or report that these companies ignore consumer requests. So what is their service worth? Nothing but raising anxiety and giving false hopes. Before I purchased this service, not near as many companies were selling my information and so many more are now. Could MyLife be selling my information to every new service selling private information, so they could report it and appear to be guarding my privacy? I believe so. I not only know their service made promises and ripped me off, I believe they have increased my risk of identity theft. They prey on trusting people by raising fear and appearing as a useful way to help. Beware and block their emails, unless you want your privacy attacked more than ever!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2015 04:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mylife/internet/mylife-mylife-is-worthless-if-you-want-help-in-removing-private-information-internet-1239429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyLife