• Report: #1197905

• Updated: Sat, December 27, 2014

• Reported By: Anonymous — Oceanside California
MyLife
1100 Glendon Ave. Los Angeles, California USA

MyLife MyLife tried to bill me after I had cancelled my order within the 3 day time limit Los Angeles California

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

MyLife is a company that presents itself to the public as a company that can be used to find contact information about a person of interest. From what I remember, you go to their web site and fill out as much information as you can about the person you are trying to find. They also want credit or debit card information from you.

They do provide the information you asked for, but it doesn't stop there. Once you have supplied your own contact information, they will innundate you with emails claiming that your own contact information is now within the public domain and information about you that your would prefer to keep private has been compromised.

Then they list all the information they have about people with your name or a similar name and give you the option of either clicking on "Remove" or clicking on "Not Me".

So far, so good. However, when you sign up for the service, they give you a 3 day period in which to cancel your order without incurring a charge. I cancelled my order either the same day or 1 day after I had placed it, and the next thing that happened was that a bill for $95.40 showed up on one of my debit cards.

I called them up and a gentleman named Peter confirmed that I had indeed cancelled within the 3 day time limit.  He then asked for additional information about the debit card bill.

I replied that I would have to check with my wife for the details and that I would call them back once I had the information he had asked for.

When I called MyLife back, a lady named Sheina who spoke with a very thick accent answered and tried to give me the run-around. She first claimed that she would not be able to give me a refund on my debit card. When I said that that was not acceptable, she then conferred her boss and offered a partial refund. This was also not acceptable to me, and I insisted on a full refund, not a partial one. She conferred with her boss again, and finally agreed to give a full refund within a week.

Getting them to give a full refund was like pulling teeth, and I would characterize their attitude as "uncooperative".

I would NOT recommend doing business with this company, as there are other companies out there who will offer a similar service but without the double-talk, foot-dragging, and deception.

I used a debit card, not a credit card. I think the transaction was online, but I wouldn't swear to it. I might have given the debit card number over the phone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2014 07:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mylife/los-angeles-california-90024/mylife-mylife-tried-to-bill-me-after-i-had-cancelled-my-order-within-the-3-day-time-limit-1197905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyLife