Complaint Review: MyPlay Direct Inc

• MyPlay Direct Inc
    550 Madison Ave
    New York, New York
    USA

MyPlay Direct Inc Sony Corporation Fraudulent Charge to credit card New York New York

*Author of original report: Transaction Identified - Problem Solved !

10/24/13 - A fraudulent charge of $23.87 was applied to my credit card.  Listed as a 'sale', the description reads 'MyPlay Direct Inc.

Further detail shows: CC.MYPLAY.COM NY 100220000

I checked the Better Business Bureau which revealed that the above co. is a/k/a Sony Corp.

I went to Myplay.com which brings up myplaydirect.com and has a list of vaious websites, none of which I have ever ordered anything from.  I don't know how this company acquired my CC #.

I filed an online charge dispute online with my credit card company today, 10/28/13.  The only way to contact MyPlay Direct is through their online email form in which I filled out with the description of my complaint.  I will also file a complaint with the BBB.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2013 09:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/myplay-direct-inc/new-york-new-york-10022/myplay-direct-inc-sony-corporation-fraudulent-charge-to-credit-card-new-york-new-york-1095004. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Transaction Identified - Problem Solved !

AUTHOR: Robo - ()

This charge that I described in my report was originally unidentifiable because of the vague source and because I could not find anything on their website that I would have purchased.

Today I received a package from MyPlay Direct which contained an item that I DID order - though this order was placed probably 3 weeks ago, while the transaction only showed up a few days ago and I couldn't make the connection.

So this was merely a simple matter of mistaken identity and I want to apologize to MyPlay Direct and to Sony Corp. for the misunderstanding, although I would prefer that they charged my card soon after I made the purchase and somehow named the transaction so as to make the connection to that purchase more obvious.

Problem solved.