Complaint Review: N.A.C.S. Inc Prefered Merchants

• Reported By: Elko Nevada
  • N.A.C.S. Inc Prefered Merchants
    P.O.Box 41127
    St. Petersburg, Florida

N.A.C.S. Inc Prefered Merchants telemarket credit card ripoff SCAM BEWARE St. Petersburg Florida

Several moths ago, just before x-mas I received a call from a telemarketer. They offered a credit card with a $5000 limit, a 6.9% fixed interest rate,and promised to be good for cash withdrawl at any ATM. When I inquired about the fee for the card, I was assured there were none. I simply had to authorize a $200 withdrawl from my checking account to secure the card, and I would receive $200 in coupons good toward my first payment on the card. Who can turn down a $5000 card just before x-mas!?

Well, I fell for the scam. I received a Prefered Merchants card, and 2 catalogs of CRAP that I can order from. It is no good anywhere else. AND I have to pay a 35% cash deposit on any purchases made with the card, so I have to spend more money to use the $200 coupons. Now 4 months later they are attempting to steal $33 from my bank account in the form of a "Quarterly Access Fee". My bank has canceled this transaction (for a $10 fee), and blocked any further transactions from this company.

I am filing this report hoping someone can tell me how to get my $200 back. Please help!!

Danny
Elko, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2003 10:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nacs-inc-prefered-merchants/st-petersburg-florida-33743/nacs-inc-prefered-merchants-telemarket-credit-card-ripoff-scam-beware-st-petersburg-f-47685. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content