Complaint Review: Naima Singletary

• Reported By: Concerned Consumer — Fairfax California USA
  • Naima Singletary

Internet
    USA

Naima Singletary, The Academy for Womanhood, The Opulent Life Coach Manipulative, Emotionally Abusive, Isolating her Clients from Loved Ones, Dismissive and Disrespectful towards Myself and Important Business Colleague Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response from Naima

*Consumer Comment: We know Naima Singletary

Naima Singletary's actions as a transformational coach and business coach are out of integrity, unethical, and damaging to the emotional and professional well-being of her clients.

She was disrespectful and dismissive to an important business colleague of mine, and in-so-doing knowingly jeopardized a valuable business opportunity for me. She was unwilling to show up professionally as my business coach, and sought to undermine and demean my standing with my business colleague through a text message she intended to send.

In the business group I participated in under Naima's leadership, one of the female participants verbally expressed being afraid of Naima, and fear that Naima would attack her if she spoke up for herself. Naima showed no concern for her feelings and systematically invalidated each of the woman's emotions. I've also had women in my own personal network reach out to me saying that Naima was emotionally abusive, manipulative and shaming in recent enrollment conversations they had with her.

Naima charges anywhere between $17,000-$100,000 to work with her, and provides no tangible structures or written content for her business coaching. She attracts women who have a history of emotional abuse and prays off of old trauma and emotional wounding to gain power over her clients. She has just recently left the country to move to Paris, just after signing up two $100,000 clients, which I believe is a way to escape consequences for her damaging and abusive actions.

Naima represents a toxic and damaging trend in the personal growth industry of individuals feeding off the fears and insecurities of vulnerable women for power and money. I myself was a victim of her tactics, where she systematically sought to discredit and isolate me from those closest to me to create a dependence upon her.

When I approached her about my concerns and disagreements (several times), she refused to take any responsibility for her actions. Two months into our 6-month contract, I could no longer in integrity work with her. She had breached the contract through violating good faith in my ability to trust her, and as a result I could no longer receive her services. I told her I wanted a refund for the 4 months of coaching that I would not be using, and she refused.

She is a woman, calling herself a transformational coach, who is doing way more harm than good.

I strongly suggest avoiding engaging with this woman in any type of working relationship.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2016 08:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/naima-singletary/internet/naima-singletary-the-academy-for-womanhood-the-opulent-life-coach-manipulative-emotion-1345115. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response from Naima

AUTHOR: Naima Singletary - (USA)

Hi Arielle Brown,

1. It's true I was dismissive of your colleague who convinced you she would only work with you if she talked to me. No successful coach has that requirement, and I felt like I was violating my own knowing by even talking to her, but as I told you when we spoke on the phone about this, I didn't want you to feel left hanging, so I agreed to it begrudgingly. That was a mistake on my part, and I take responsibility for it.

2. You know I never sought to undermine you. I always held you in high regard and constantly encouraged you to do the same for yourself. I always told you to be your true self in your business and I was showing you how to make the money you wanted in your business by being your true self. I even have video of you thanking me for always supporting you in being the truth of who you are. It's really a shame thaHere's that video -->>  https://youtu.be/aaw5o-FzR80

Here's another video you praising the very thing that you then decided you no longer liked and decided to paint me as a villain for being -->> https://youtu.be/c9T7AawbhFE

3. The other woman you mention who expressed fear during one of our very intimate group sessions was expressing fear of her own power and I'm the physical representation of that power in her. It's part of why she and you were eager to work with me, to claim your own power. You're distorting it here to make it look like I'm some scary person that should be feared and who doesn't care about my clients. So far from the truth.

One of the core and critical pieces of she and I's work together was her stepping into her power, and because I am the power that is in her that she fears, her interaction with me reflects the fear she's working to step into. For you to say I "did nothing" demonstrates your lack of awareness of a mentor allowing her clients to express whatever is true for them, without the mentor having to "fix it" or "do something." The honest expression alone is healing and transformative for the client. And you also don't know what was happening in she and I's private sessions that was influencing how I was interacting with her in the group sessions where you were present.

4. I'd like to know who are these women who came to you saying I was abusive, manipulative, and shaming in enrollment conversations. This is not even remotely my style. I have two texts of you asking to send money to me because you were eager to get started working with me. Were you manipulated or shamed into that?

5. I attract women who are tired of being afraid of their power and money (like you) and are hungry to become more, do more, and have more. Let's remember you closed $14,000 in new business after working with me for only 10 days, more money than you've ever made in your business.

6. You say I moved to Paris to escape consequences. What consequences? I did nothing wrong. This is simply further proof of your attempt to paint me like a villain. We had dinner together about two months before you wrote this false report, and I shared with you and the other program participant that I was moving to France. I have a Facebook LIVE video dated for October 2016 where I share this news with the public, and with this knowledge you wrote this report December 2016. So many lies.

7. I do not feed off the fears and insecurities of other women. I embody the power that all women possess and I help them cultivate it. I'm a woman who hurts to see other women shrink and play small and I'm a fierce champion for helping women who want to have more, do more, and become more, to make that a reality in their lives. That's why you were attracted to me, and you were going down that path successfully until you decided to quit, and instead of owning your decision to quit, you needed to turn me into a villain in your head, write this false report, and then file a fraudulent report with your credit card company claiming I owed you a refund when you definitely know our refund policy is no refunds.

You even decided to make that your refund policy in your business as a result of working with me and expressing your appreciation of this policy.

8. It's really a shame that you would go to such lengths to paint me so negatively, especially after I was so generous in my coaching with you and gave you a complimentary VIP day that normally costs $8,500 - $15,000.

I hope you've stepped into a level of true power since you're selling yourself as a woman's empowerment coach, but paint yourself as a "victim" in this post full of lies.

We know Naima Singletary

AUTHOR: Pier-Yves Menkhoff Films - (France)

With this text, I wish to denounce the attitude of Naima Singletari of which we are the victim. Naima Singletari is a selfish, avaricious woman who thinks only about herself and about money. She asks $ 15,000.00 but refuses to pay 1,000 € for a service. She only knows to say : I want, I want, etc.

She contacted my production company in November 2016. She wanted us to make a film for her. After some exchanges of mails and calls, she no longer gave news. We were only a supermarket for her.

On January 7, 2017, we were surprised to receive an email from Naima Singletari. She wanted this time a shoot but without editing. We accepted for an amount of 600 €. A contract was made for a 4 hours shoot. A few days after, she also wished a montage for a film of 6 to 10 minutes.

The day of filming, her attitude was infectious. On a performance of 4 hours, she started by making me wait 1 h 15 minutes. Thereafter, we had to wait another 2 x 20 minutes. She refused to walk in the rain as she despised the waitress at the restaurant where a part of the film shooting took place. The restaurant had no obligation to accept us but was cordial. At the end of the service, Naima Singletari wanted to stay. When I told her that we were waiting for her, she replied that it was unimportant.

Subsequently, Naima Singletari continued to despise others. Unable to get an answer to our questions for the editing. The contract planned a single song. She refused to pay for a second and its CopyRights (Only 49 €). Etc. To date, Naima Singletary owes us another 750 €.