Complaint Review: NAPA First Choice Healthcare Network

• NAPA First Choice Healthcare Network
    www.napahome.org
    Internet
    United States of America

NAPA First Choice Healthcare Network Insurance coverage was to begin on Oct 1. I never received any further communication other than a phone call requesting ss#, which I stupidly gave them Internet

I was contacted after doing a search for health insurance on the internet.  They called me before I had even finished my search!  They acted as though they were searching through different health care plans and found the perfect one to meet my needs.  I didn't have my debit card right with me to sign up and they did not want me to call them back with it.  That gave me a funny feeling but I went and got my card and gave them the #.

A couple of weeks later they called and said they could not finish my package until I gave them my ss#.  I explained that I was suspicious about the call and the woman advised me to call NAPA directly if I was nervous about the legitimacy of the call.  I called the original # that they had given me when I first signed up and it was NAPA.  I gave them my ss# and my husband's ss#.

Insurance coverage was due to begin on Oct 1.  I have never received any cards, info, etc. from them.  It is now Oct 11th.  They have withdrawn approximately $600. from my bank account.  Now I am terrified about what they will be able to do with both our SS#.

I was very vulnerable when they called.  I had just lost my job and watched my father die in my home.  Normally, I would have followed my intuition.  Now it appears I have another huge problem on my plate:(

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2009 05:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/napa-first-choice-healthcare-network/internet/napa-first-choice-healthcare-network-insurance-coverage-was-to-begin-on-oct-1-i-never-r-507585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content