Complaint Review: Narconon Freedom Center

• Narconon Freedom Center
    809 West Erie Street
    Internet
    United States of America

Narconon Freedom Center After being lured in by false advertising and promises, this place continued to go from bad to worse in the 5 day span of "treatment" I received. Scientology based courses, terrible living conditions, Internet

*Author of original report: Narconon Lies

*Consumer Comment: I agree

I was given false information from admissions regarding the Narconon Freedom Center, which is a rehab facility in Albion Michigan. I was flat out lied to about what my living situation and conditions would be, on being able to have my family visit (they neglected to say it's only if you complete a certain level of the program which I up front told them I did not plan to stay for), and on my ability to take my RX for my rheumatoid arthritis (they refused to give it to me until the fifth day I was there, even after asking repeatedly from day 1 because I was having severe pain, and only after I informed them I planned to leave, in which case it was approved an hour later). I was also not told the program involved courses and reading material authored by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard. Had I known this up front, I most definitely would not have joined the program.  I heard repeated story after story from other students in the program who had been lied to like me (one was told a nurse was on staff 24-7 which is a LIE, and people in withdraw can easily have seizures- so dangerous!) However, unlike myself many people there were obligated to stay, either due to court order or to facing jail time or going to a homeless shelter as their only alternative. A lot of people advised me to get out while I could, and I am so glad I did.  I just feel bad for the new friends I left behind, who have no choice but to stay in this manipulative, brainwashing, commission driven place- by the way, who knows where the $30,000 per person fee goes, because the place is a hell hole in utter disrepair, and the employees are not certified counselors, but merely students who have come through this program as addicts too! A friend I made there begged me to call a family friend of hers when I got home, to inform her of what goes on with this place and hopefully to take action to get her out, as she was afraid her family wouldn't believe her. They are very good at convincing your family it is a disservice to your progress and recovery to remove you from the facility and do all they can to isolate students from their families, because they know it's their money walking out the door if they do.  My mom called 6 times the day after I informed her I wanted to leave this place (they monitor all calls), yet I received not a single message about it.  They also neglected to tell me the things I would not be allowed to bring, which for me was about $20 worth of snacks, candy and gum, which was confiscated and never returned to me when I left. Please do not let your loved one check in here, if you really care for them!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2012 09:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/narconon-freedom-center/internet/narconon-freedom-center-after-being-lured-in-by-false-advertising-and-promises-this-plac-926052. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Narconon Lies

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

Thankyou for your comment! They had not openened the new women's wing yet (they were saying around the 24th or so, but a guy who had been there 6 months said they were saying it was going to open in a month back then so who knows!) All I know is that there were going to be 6-8 girls per room and no private bathrooms. It was difficult with 3-4 girls to a room!

I agree

AUTHOR: notagain - (USA)

I just want you to know that I too was a victim of there lies and deceit.  It is such a crazy place people find it hard to believe it exists.    I do wonder if they ever opened up the womans dorm off of what was called the bullpen?  If so, there are probably even more people there now.  That place is filthy and that word doesn't even do it justice.  I am glad you are out and hope that you find another place that will help.