Complaint Review:

17095 State Route 317 Caliente, Nevada United States of America
  • Phone: 775-726-3920
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Narconon Rainbow Canyon Retreat Taking advangtge of family heartbreak Caliente, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: rainbow canyon saved my daughter

I have been meaning to do this for a long time.  Quite frankly, is has been too painful.  I have filed a brief previous report previously, but now have the opportunity to follow up with pictures.

These pictures represent the living conditions at Rainbow Canyon Retreat,  a Narconon run facility in Caliente, Nevada.

Keep in mind, I had visited whe web site for this location.  It appears to be beautiful.  These pictures represent FACT as taken 3/2012.

My son completed 3 of 4 months in this hell-hole.  After our visit there, we moved him to another location in California. (at our expense, of course)  The treatment program was court ordered, therefore  he had to see it through to completion.  It just kills me that we could have found a facility and program that has  medical foundation, one that works.  This is what $32,000.00 bought (plus 2k in additional expeses for transport etc.)

The condition of these facilities is horrendous, but more so is the lack of treatment and healing for patients and families.

I only wish I  would have had  more time to do my homework.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2012 01:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/narconon/caliente-nevada-89008/narconon-rainbow-canyon-retreat-taking-advangtge-of-family-heartbreak-caliente-nevada-941263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Narconon

rainbow canyon saved my daughter

AUTHOR: jane - (United States of America)

My daughter was at Rainbow Canyon from Jan. 2012 through June as a student.  She was an intravenous heroin user. She then did a 4 month internship and now is employed there. The program has saved my daughter's life.  We went to visit the facility for her graduation. We were very impressed with the facility.
Although they are not main stream in their approach, meaning its not a 12 step christian  based  program, their methods are very effective. My daughter had been in a 12 step treatment facility previously and attended NA and AA meetings. The treatment and the meetings did not work for her. She needed a different approach. She found it at Rainbow Canyon.

We found the lodge to be well kept and clean and the staff to be professional, helpful, and caring.So not really sure what you were expecting for a treatment facility the Hyatt or Ritz?