Complaint Review: National Fitness- Layton and Sandy

• National Fitness- Layton and Sandy
    1645 Utah 193
    Internet
    United States of America

National Fitness- Layton and Sandy Crossroads Fitness- Sand National Fitness swindles its Members Internet

I signed up as a member at Crossroadfitness on a promotional deal.  Ken the gym manager told me that it was a month to month thing, but had to sign a year contract as a formality, but could cancel whenever I wanted.  3 Months later I decided to move to a different city, and going to that gym was no longer convient.  I went in and signed a form statign that I wanted to cancel my contract.  Ken said he would waive the $50 dollar fee and that I would be done the following month.  I called to follow-up one month later and was told that my contract was cancelled.  A few months later I noticed that they were still billing my credit card monthly.  I called and spoke with Ken about it, and he said becuase I had signed a contract I still had to pay the whole year, even though I had signed that form.  That would just prevent them from re-newing it.  I told him the situation and how he hadn't mentioned that and had waived the fee.  He told me that they never do it, and that there was nothing he could do.  I had only moved 20 miles away and not 25 and that is the only out.  I told him he had signed me up and canceleld my contract, but he preteneded like he didn't remember.

I called National Fitness and told them the situation, and they sighted the same thing that there was nothing they could do, I hadn't moved far enough and even if I pay the cancellation fee I don't have a good enough reason to cancel.  At this point I disputed their charges with my credit card company.  National Fitness then charged me $15 for every month I disputed as well as more then $100 dollars in fees.  I was able to get some of them removed, but still have to pay most.  Becuase of the contract which I was told was non-binding I am still having to pay them.  Now because of the charges I had disputed, they are saying that my credit card company collected money from them, and are trying to make me pay 5 months I had already paid again.

Every time I call they are very rude and unhelpful, often leaving me on hold for over 10 minutes and then hanging up.  I am warning you to think twice before doing business with this company.  They don't care about it's memeber, just getting money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2013 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/national-fitness-layton-and-sandy/internet/national-fitness-layton-and-sandy-crossroads-fitness-sand-national-fitness-swindles-its-1021599. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content