Complaint Review: National Grid

• Reported By: JB — Queensbury New York United States of America
  • National Grid

Queensbury, New York
    United States of America

National Grid monopoly, ripoff, shamn, unfair business practice Queensbury, New York

I have been out of work for over a year now. I was a hotel manager in Florida, now living back where I was born and raised. My girlfriend is trying to support us both, and it's really tough. She had to request a payment plan last year at one point. Now she's being told she does not qualify to do it again, because she did it last year. I've just now taken a look at the bill, and I'm completely shocked to see, how we've barely used heat, we're unplugging things at night, got the blankets piled high on the bed to keep warm.

The bill for what we used is $90. And the delivery charges are $145?? What kind of immoral business practice is this? We've inconvenienced ourselves to try to save everywhere we could, and we're going to have our power shut off because they charge 150% of what you even use, for delivery? Do I not see the little people carrying buckets of power back and forth to the house? How can they get away with this? And it's a monopoly, no other option for power, short of parking a generator on the patio.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2013 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/national-grid/queensbury-new-york-12804/national-grid-monopoly-ripoff-shamn-unfair-business-practice-queensbury-new-york-994465. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content