Complaint Review: National Payment Processing

• Submitted: Wed, April 18, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, April 18, 2012
  • Reported By: Lynn — Westerly Rhode Island U.S.A.
  • National Payment Processing
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Thousand Oaks, California
    United States of America

National Payment Processing 1st National Payment Processing **TAKING MONEY FOR PCI COMPLIANCE 4 MONTHS AFTER ACCOUNT CLOSED!** Thousand Oaks, California

I closed my merchant services account with National Payment Processing because of the HUGE, and I mean huge, PCI fees they charged. My account was closed in writing pursuant to my contract. I spoke with Phillip in the closure department on 12/11/11. He assured me the account was closed and my last monthly fee charged. Phew, National Payment can rest as a bad memory...or so I thought.

Last week a PCI compliance charge of $129.00 was deducted from my banking account. An act that sent my account into over draft. I incurred fees from both my bank as well as my new merchant services company.

Today, I spoke with Alyssa who said the company has a right to charge the fees per the Merchant Service Program Guide (ironically, I have never heard of this guide) so I asked where to get it. She directed me to the appropriate place on the Ipayment website. On page 24, section 22.9 of the long 44 page document I read the following...

"After termination of this Agreement for any reason whatsoever, you
                         shall continue to bear total responsibility for all Chargebacks, fees,
                         Credits and adjustments resulting from Card Transactions processed
                         pursuant to this Agreement and all other amounts then due or which
                         thereafter may become due under this Agreement.
"

Alyssa quickly pointed out the word "fee" in the second sentence that allows National Payment Processing to take money from my account at will.

I have sent a letter asking for a refund of $129 as well as all fees I incurred from their sticky fingers. Alyssa said I might get the PCI fee back but nothing more.

Stay away from this company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2012 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/national-payment-processing/thousand-oaks-california-/national-payment-processing-1st-national-payment-processing-taking-money-for-pci-complia-870508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content