Complaint Review: NATIONAL PROTECTION SERVICE

• NATIONAL PROTECTION SERVICE
    393 MANTOLOKING RD
    BRICK, New Jersey
    USA

NATIONAL PROTECTION SERVICE SCAMMED MY 88 YEAR OLD MOTHER INTO BUYING WARRANTY FOR CAR BRICK New Jersey

My mother, who is 88 years old and has dementia,  got a call from a woman at this company.  My mother understood her to be from her car insurance company.  She told the woman that she needed to get her daughter to handle this, since I had instructed her to always to this.  A man came on the phone, and somehow convinced her that she was making a payment on her car insurance, and told her that she didn't need to get me to do this.  My mother came to me immediately afterwards, realizing something didn't seem right. I called her car insurance company and was told that they had not called.  I immediately next cancelled my mothers credit card.  I then called back the number on my mother's phone, and got this warranty company.  I was told that I had to call M-F to deal with this, that they were just a call center.  They can call US in the middle of the day on a Saturday, but we can't call them.

I called the customer service number today.  I was told that my mother had no one physically holding her and keeping her from coming to get me.  They would not even take her information to look up the account, to investigate the fact that my mother was bullied into giving them the information, and for all I know, lied to, in order for her to think she was paying her car insurance.  She said they were charging her over $200.

I now have to send them a copy of my durable power of attorney in order for them to cancel the order they essentially strong-armed my mother to get.

I reported them to BBB of NJ but is there anything else I can do?  This makes me so angry.

Thanks for your help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2013 11:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/national-protection-service/brick-new-jersey/national-protection-service-scammed-my-88-year-old-mother-into-buying-warranty-for-car-b-1095747. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content