Complaint Review: National Recovery Agency

• Updated: Tue, May 19, 2009
  • Reported By: Spring Texas
  • National Recovery Agency

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

National Recovery Agency Hit my credit report , before sending me a collection notice or phone call Harrisburg Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: It won't come off

National Recovery Agency is guilty of unlawful collection tactics

While reviewing my credit report I noticed it dropped 70 points for no apparent reason. Then I noticed National Recovery Agency dinged my credit report for a $169 collection. After contacting them it stated it was for a 2004 charge from BMG Music. I believe I already settled that once, however, instead of fighting with them, I paid the $169 with the assurance they would remove the collection from my report.

One week after I made that payment, they sent me a collection notice to my address to cover up them breaking the law, which requires them to contact you for a collection before they hit your credit report.

Anyway I have called them three times since paying the bribe, and they keep saying it will be removed - but it hasn't happenned.

I am just about to file a complaint with the state attorney and whoever else to put these guys out of business.

As you can see there are more more people being ripped-off by these crooks.

Would anyone else like to file a class action suit to shut these guys down?

This is how easy it is for scammers to ruin your credit.

Disgusted with scammers
Spring, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2009 05:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/national-recovery-agency/harrisburg-pennsylvania/national-recovery-agency-hit-my-credit-report-before-sending-me-a-collection-notice-or-p-453216. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

It won't come off

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

When you paid it - you acknowledged it was a valid debt. Since you did this, it now becomes a valid part of your credit report and will not go away for at least 7 years!

You ASSUMED that by paying them it would be removed.

YOU HANDLED IT WRONG