Complaint Review: National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh

• Submitted: Mon, July 09, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, July 09, 2012
  • Reported By: caramani — lincoln university Pennsylvania United States of America
  • National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh

pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    United States of America

National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh Enrollment for 18 months without my knowledge pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

My mortgage payment is automatically deducted from my bank account on a monthly basis and my monthly bill is paperless.  I went online to review my payoff information and noticed a $25.00 charge to my bill. I went back 18 months and it started back in December of 2010.  I sent Wells Fargo an e-mail about the charge and they told me to contact National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, PA.

I contacted the company and they told me I signed up for this in 2010 over the phone.  I would never sign up for this; our house is almost paid off.  They stated I should have received paperwork in the mail back in 2010 stating if I did not want the insurance I would need to send the cancelation paperwork in the mail.  First, of all I dont open sales or scam mail, I shredded it!  So, by me not sending the paper work into the company they took it upon themselves to add the 25.00 fee onto my mortgage payment.

I never noticed this, because I pay $200 more a month then whats asked.  This is such a scam.  I called the company and demanded proof that I signed up for this.  Apparently, she is sending proof in the mail.  Cant wait to see the proof has anyone else experienced a problem with this company?  I demanded my money back and she stated she can only refund one month back to me.  What a rip off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2012 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/national-union-fire-insurance-company-of-pittsburgh/pittsburgh-pennsylvania-/national-union-fire-insurance-company-of-pittsburgh-enrollment-for-18-months-without-my-k-908948. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content