Complaint Review: Net Gear

• Reported By: Jan — Hubbard Ohio
  • Net Gear

Internet
    USA

Net Gear Router Rip Off Made me go back and exchange router and when that didn't work suggested a different model Internet

I bought a net gear router and installed it but it kept kicking me off the intrnet. I called net gear support and was on hold 20 minutes tomtalk to a guy I could barly understand.

After over an hour on the phone with me doing what he instructed he said the cable company was at fault.  Cable company came out was not at fault

Called back, same routine but finally said the software in the router was corrupted and I needed to exchange it I did with the same resulting calls and their insistance that I contact cable company again. Called net gear again and the solution was to buy another model of their routers.

By this time I had spent over 6 hours on this nonsense and 2 trips to the mall a halk hour away. Bought a motorola router and installed in15 minutes.  No issues.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2014 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/net-gear/internet/net-gear-router-rip-off-made-me-go-back-and-exchange-router-and-when-that-didnt-work-su-1143013. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content