Complaint Review: net spend

• Reported By: robert — orlando Florida United States of America
  • net spend

Internet
    United States of America

net spend sells fake debit cards @ stores & holds up your money while your waiting for a permnant card! Internet

Recieved a prepaid debit card for a Christmas present. This card was purchased on 12/24/2012 & given to me on 12/25/2012. When I tried to use it today not realizing it was a prepaid debit card it came back as declined. Called net spend spent 1 hour on the phone, finally got a message to call back when not so busy.
                                                                                                                                                     Notice they had an online address went there and put all the information they requested even though I really didn't want to give out my personal info. I noticed that they said they were going to mail me a card???? Now I really had to get through to them to find out why? Kept calling back because all circuts were busy. Talked to Chris, and he told me my card was expired. (the card says it doesn't expire till 10/2016)

This feels like a real scam, they sell prepaid debit card which is really not the real card you get, they mail you a new card! We request a check be sent which cost an additional $5.00. My son already paid 6.95 for this card.  Buyer be beware do not buy prepaid debit cards, make sure you're buying a gift card!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2012 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/net-spend/internet/net-spend-sells-fake-debit-cards-stores-holds-up-your-money-while-your-waiting-for-a-987284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content