Complaint Review: Net Zero

• Net Zero
    netzero.net
    Internet

Net Zero ripoff INTERNET USA

When I moved to Tennessee about a year ago, I was desparate for internet service, I had heard good things about netzero, so decided to give it a try. I obtained a CD and went online. I got the platinum by the way, not the free service...

At first, all was well, connection seemed to be good, although I did not like the idea of not being able to actually see my connection speed. Over time, things went slower and slower, then the ads came "for just 5.00 more a month you can have HIGH SPEED." omg!

I noticed while using it, if I did not click on the ads that would pop up, I would be disconnected. This was quite a nuisance.

I attempted to discontinue my service, to no avail, they said as long as I was using it, I was, in effect, keeping their service and wishing to pay, thing is, I was NOT using their service...or so I thought.

There is some sort of spy or adware that is installed along with the software to run NetZero, I cannot find it in my registry to get rid of it, but I know it's there, because every time I type something in the address bar, it acts as though it's opening the page, but instead, a NET ZERO page comes up!!! Unless I shut down and restart, I cannot visit the page I tried to view.

I found a solution, at least to the rip-off part, I cancelled the bank account that they were stealing from, leaving them with no money from me. Hope they starve...

now if I could only find a way to get rid of this cursed add on that seems to be infecting my computer, I would be happy.

Mark
Altus, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2004 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/net-zero/internet/net-zero-ripoff-internet-usa-109625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content