Complaint Review: NETFLIX

Nationwide
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

NFI*WWW.NETFLIX NFI*WWW.NETFLIX charged me one dallor on my account on 06-28-09 and I didnt buy anything! Internet

*Consumer Comment: netflix doesn't charge you a dollar, they're checking to see if you have money in your credit/debit card

*General Comment: Me too

Migoo
palm springs, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2009 10:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/netflix/nationwide/nfiwwwnetflix-nfiwwwnetflix-charged-me-one-dallor-on-my-account-on-06-28-09-and-i-did-466647. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Nyxmoxie - (U.S.A.)

I'm only a customer with Netflix, I don't work for them. Basically what they do when you sign up with them, is they check your debit/credit card to see if you have any funds in it. They do this by running your card for $1.00 to see if your card is valid and that funds are available.

After 1-2 business days, the dollar is put back into your card. Its not charged. Then when your billing date comes they charge you for your Netflix subscription. So if you chose the one at a time plan they will charge you for that, or whatever plan you chose for them. No business charges $1.00 for their services.

I also rent from itunes, and they also check that you have funds in your debit/credit card by running your card for a $1.00. They don't charge it. They just check your card to see if you have funds in it. After 1-2 business days, just like netflix, itunes also puts back the dollar into your card.

I'm a happy customer of netflix. Never had issues with them. If you don't understand something. Ask them. Don't get mad and don't make accusations that aren't true. No true business just charges anything for a $1.00. That's just common sense.

#2 General Comment

Me too

AUTHOR: BillyBob - (United States of America)

I was also (and my parents) charged $1.  Not once but twice.  Both my parents and I.  The difference is my parents were also charged $15.39 and they didnt have accounts until I tried a 1 month free offer from my granddad.  When I tried to use it,  my parents apparently had accounts (they claim not to have created them and I believe them).