Complaint Review: NetSpend PrePaid Card

• Reported By: Cheri — Los Angeles California USA
  • NetSpend PrePaid Card

Nationwide
    USA

NetSpend PrePaid Card Purchased the card and they refuse to activate it, claiming that I needed to send documentation for my money. It's a prepaid card and they will not give me my money back! DO NOT PURCHASE THIS CARD NETSPEND RIPP OFF! DO NOT BUY THIS PREPAID CARD UNLESS YOU HAVE MONEY TO LOSE Los Angeles Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: NetSpend

Purchased a pre-paid card at 7-11 and wenthome to activate it and Netspend will not activate it unless you send documentation of your address and social security number. I purchase a pre-paid card for one time use for this day, not 10 days from now. They refused to activate it and send me my money back. Too many hoops and lies. I would not recommend to card to anyone! Green Dot is also a rip off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2017 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/netspend-prepaid-card/nationwide/netspend-prepaid-card-purchased-the-card-and-they-refuse-to-activate-it-claiming-that-i-1351174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

NetSpend

AUTHOR: NetSpend Corporation - (USA)

We understand your concerns regarding your card activation.

We are required by the USA PATRIOT Act to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a card account with us.  When our cardholders open a card account or add a secondary cardholder, we ask for their name, physical street address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to reasonably identify them. The requirement to obtain this information is located on the card packaging.

We may have alternative options to activate your card.  Please email us at social@netspend.com and we will make sure this is addressed as soon as possible.

Netspend