Complaint Review: Netspend

• Netspend

Austin, Texas
    USA

Netspend HOLDING MY TAX REFUND OVER 30 Days NOW Austin Texas

I had my tax return deposited on to my Netspend card. Once the funds were loaded on the card I received an email from Netspend on February 24th requiring that I send them documentation to prove my identity no later than February 26, 2014, otherwise my deposits would be returned to sender. I felt that was odd of them to request that information AFTER issuing the card so I declined and told them to go ahead and return my funds to the IRS, and the IRS would issue me a check.

Netspend informed me that it would take 6 days for the IRS to receive the refund. After calling Netspend several times a day after the 6 days expired. Now they're saying it takes 20 days..Well To date which is March 31, 2014. I still haven't received a check nor has the money been returned to the IRS. I believe they are collecting interest off of customer money and holding the money long enough to do so. I'm wondering if I should just call the IRS and report my money lost or stolen.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2014 04:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/netspend/austin-texas-78768/netspend-holding-my-tax-refund-over-30-days-now-austin-texas-1134973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content