Complaint Review: NetSpend

• Reported By: J. Wright` — Memphia Tennessee
  • NetSpend

Internet
    USA

NetSpend WU Netspens, Metabank FRAUD STEALS MONEY POSTED ON PREPAID CARDS Internet

I purchased what appeared to be a Western Union card (since I already knew about Netspend's reputation); onlly to find out, that Netspend has entered into an agreement with WU to hide behind their logo since everyone is aware of their scams.  After purchasing the card, I called to activate it and was told I had another account previously with a balance and they cannot activate my card.  They asked to verify the account, which ofcourse, how can you verify something you know nothing about.  They said they could not provide any informaiton to me about the account and that if I could not verify it, they would apply my money to that account with the balance.

Completely crazy!  I demanded my money back and have gotten the run around ever since.  I have file a complaint with BBB and I will be filing with FTC and MasterCard International whom they are licensed through in an effort to get them to drop them to prevent this continued fraud.   I urge everyone else to do the same and do not purchase or patronize Netspend, Metabank, Paypal prepaid card that issued through NetSpend and probably more as they hide behind other trade names since their name has been so damaged.  Read the package well to see if you see Netspend or Metabank.  If you do, run for your life and do not drop one penny.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2014 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/netspend/internet/netspend-wu-netspens-metabank-fraud-steals-money-posted-on-prepaid-cards-internet-1189083. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content