Complaint Review: New Party Rental Company

• Submitted: Tue, March 07, 2017
  • Updated: Tue, March 07, 2017
  • Reported By: Nichole — Christiansted Georgia Virgin Islands (US)
  • New Party Rental Company
    7080 HollyWood BLVD #1100
    Hollywood , California
    USA

New Party Rental Company Do not get anything from this website: http://www.folding-chairs-folding-tables.com Me and my business partner are starting a STX Party Rental in St. Croix US Virgin Islands. Since we are out in the middle of the ocean, most of our supplies are ordered stateside. He now lives in Beverly Hills California

Do not get anything from this website: http://www.folding-chairs-folding-tables.com Me and my business partner are starting a STX Party Rental in St. Croix US Virgin Islands. Since we are out in the middle of the ocean, most of our supplies are ordered stateside. I first reached out to Larry Hoffman 1/17/2017 asking him is he could send me a quote for tables and chairs for my new company. At that time, the response and customer service was excellent which caused me to go with his company in the first place.

As we finalized the order, Larry asked me to send a wire since I lived in the Virgin Islands. Hello red flag, don't ever wire anyone money!! Learned my lesson on that one but he sounded like a genuine business man. As any business, I know it takes a few weeks to get everything in order so I remained patient. After not getting any shipment details 3-4 weeks later, I started to get concerned. [continued below]....

..... Every time you call the company, it goes to voicemail!! RED FLAG!! I started calling the cell phone he gave me and he kept saying it is going to ship next week. Well still not here yet. Then I noticed that every time he left a message, it was a different number.

He was calling me from multiple businesses and phone lines which I now have addresses for from doing reverse look up. I then had to get my business partner involved. After lie and more lies, Larry admitted that he did not have the product in stock and had to purchase it which he had still not done and who knows where my $10,800 is. Unfortunately, now I am at the point of tough love. I call him everyday and I get no where. He has to call me back, he needs to figure out what is going on with the refund. He has ripped off so many people that he can't even remember what I have gotten from him.

How is he even still in business!! You can not treat people this way and especially after reading that he ripped off a church which is just unacceptable. I have reported him to the FTC, California State Patrol and have had an attorney contact him and still nothing!! I will keep calling until I now get my money back because he does not have anything for us!! I just want my money back so I can move on from this awful experience. I just wanted to write this to let other people know that you are not alone and to never ever go to this company. He has numerous websites and at one point, I truly believe that karma will deal with awful people like this!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2017 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/new-party-rental-company/hollywood-california-90028/new-party-rental-company-do-not-get-anything-from-this-website-httpwwwfolding-chairs-1360343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content