Complaint Review:

• Updated: Fri, November 15, 2013

• Reported By: Stormwolf — New York New York
New York Investment Network
NONE New York, New York USA

New York Investment Network Bonnie Frank DO NOT USE THIS INTERNET SERVICE. New York New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Better Screening

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I joined this web based business in September 2013. Since, I've been contact by con artist's and Covicted Felons in an attempt to scam us us into sending them up to $5,000.00 to secure bogus business loans. In fact on 11/15/2013 I was contacted by one Curtis Brown from his alleged " 1RST PPM" lending company. When I checked his name on RIpoff Report I found a link to where he was convicted of Felony on May 8,2013 for running a internet scam to secure application deposits for real estate and business loans, that took in more than $1,113,000.00. Curtis Brown's Mugg shot and conviction by the Sana Ana,CA Distric Attorney Tray Fingunker. I forwarded the email sent to me by Curtis Brown to an awaiting assistant DA, Vicki Black, who thanked me and will pursue this as another charge. Do not use New York Investment Network. It is apparently run by convicted Felon's and Scam artists!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2013 12:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/new-york-investment-network/new-york-new-york-10021/new-york-investment-network-bonnie-frank-do-not-use-this-internet-service-new-york-new-y-1099586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on New York Investment Network

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Better Screening

AUTHOR: NYIN Admin - ()

The entrepreneur was contacted by a person who should never have been admitted as an investor.   The investor appears to have been a successful scam artist because we were apparently not the first one to be taken in by him.  The entrepreneur concludes that no one should use the site because it is run by scam artists and felons.

The previous administrator of the site did not enter a rebuttal to this claim.  I do not deny that the investor should never have been screened in, but I do think he is overreaching when he says the site is run by scam artists and felons.  That is not justified by the evidence provided which concerns one reported scam artist.

I took over the site in march 2017 and have made efforts before then and now to clean up the NY Investor database.   Is is perfect?  Probably not, but if there are concerns raised about investors I will address them and deactivate if necessary.   If entrepreneurs feel the need to escalate that concern to a rip off report that is their prerogative but if I was made aware of this before then I would have immediately deactivated the investor and considered refunding him for reporting a fraudlent investor.   Appears he did good due dilligence on his investors like we all should.

There are now better screening processes in place that may have prevented an investor like this from gaining access to the network.