Complaint Review: NewYorkCityTheatre.com

• NewYorkCityTheatre.com

internet, Select State/Province
    USA

NewYorkCityTheatre.com Selling tickets at 200% face value internet

I got charged double for an Opera ticket that I bought from this website on Jan. 5th 2014!! I found this web site when I was searching for NY Metropolitan Opera House  schedule and tickets.

The website led me to think it was an on-line ticket office for the Mets. After going through the steps of finding ticket availability and price, I was given the row but not the seating section/number so I called the listed phone number. They told me they did not have the information of the seat number. The price was listed as 65 per ticket. the lowest ticket price available. There was a processing fee and a standard Fedex delivery charge of $15.00 with no option for ticket pick-up. The total charge came to $84.00.

When I received the ticket I was shocked to find that the actual face value of the ticket was only $32.50. This was confirmed through the on-line ticket office of the Met opera with tickets still avaiable.

I called their customer service department wanting to return the ticket but was told the ticket was not returnable nor refundable because they are a secondary re-sale company. I stated I was not informed that the ticket price may be differnt from the actual value of the ticket. The seller was listed as "MyTicketTracker.com" with a phone number 866-237-6204.

I want to let others know they were not honest up front about the inflated price of the ticket. Buy your tickets directly from the offical Box office and not from such a scam company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2014 03:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/newyorkcitytheatrecom/internet-select-stateprovince/newyorkcitytheatrecom-selling-tickets-at-200-face-value-internetnbsp-1113968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content