Complaint Review:

• Submitted: Sat, November 22, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, November 22, 2003

• Reported By:Bellingham Washington
NextCard - Merrik Bank
Merrik Bank PO Box 5000, Draper, Utah 84020-5000 Draper, Utah U.S.A.

NextCard - Merrik Bank ripoff my balance as of 11-4-03 is now a whopping $2559.00 from a ridiculous balance of $18.00! Draper Utah

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I agree with the fact that when Merrik Bank took over my NextCard account that the rates went from 17.74% to 29.70%.

I got a letter from Merrik in July 2002, stating that they had aquired my NextCard account. Well, just prior to that, nextcard had closed my account, with a remaining balance of $18.00.

I just received a call from Denovus Collection agency (879-533-6688) telling me my balance as of 11-4-03 is now a whopping $2559.00 from a ridiculous balance of $18.00! How can they do this? This is one of the worst rip-offs I have ever seen.

My questions is "Is it the collection agency or is it Merrik Bank?" If it is Merrik bank they should get busted for fraud! I am sure if enough people report to the Better Business Bureau maybe something could be done, but I think a class action is a better idea. This is extremly disturbing.

Anne
Bellingham, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2003 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nextcard-merrik-bank/draper-utah-84020/nextcard-merrik-bank-ripoff-my-balance-as-of-11-4-03-is-now-a-whopping-255900-from-a-r-72807. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NextCard - Merrik Bank