Complaint Review: Nextel, Sprint

• Nextel, Sprint
    Sprint Nextel 2001 Edmund Halley Drive
    Reston, Virginia
    United States of America

Nextel, Sprint Sprint Nextel Scam charging fees for non active phone lines Reston, Virginia

I have to report a scam that Sprint customers need to be alert. If you have several lines linked to a primary account and one line is set as inactive make sure after 3 months you check with the company that it is inactive. I had my sons phone line inactive because the termination fee is $200.00. To avoid that termination fee I kept my sons line inactive for $10.00 per month. The representative told me that on my record it states that after the inactivity expires so will my line and that the phone line will be automatically deleted from my account. My sons account was dated to expire March 2010.

I received my sprint invoice for February and all along I was being charged for an sprint service that I did not consent. The inactive account was now a Biz essential account. Sprint never notified me on any statement that this inactive account would change over to another plan. Sprint was charging me $39.99 for a line that was never used. Did they credit my account yes but only $60.00. Sprint was charging these fees for 6 months knowing that the account was not being used we were not notified of theses changes and now they have scammed us out of our money. Out of the $39.99 charged they only credit us back $10.00 for each month. The biggest RIP OFF ever. So watch out Sprint users check your invoices with a fine tooth comb. This company is out to steal your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2010 09:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nextel-sprint/reston-virginia-20191/nextel-sprint-sprint-nextel-scam-charging-fees-for-non-active-phone-lines-reston-virgin-570429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content