Complaint Review: Nittany Eye Associates

• Nittany Eye Associates
    428 Windmere Drive
    State College, Pennsylvania
    USA

Nittany Eye Associates Over Charged me the made excuses when challenged. Incomplete Eye Exam, No Written Prescription State College Pennsylvania

Nittany Eye Associates is a member of my Health Insurance Company Network so I set up an appointment to get an eye exam requested by my Primary Care Physician. When I made the appointment I asked about a co-pay. The girl making the appointment told me my insurance covered the cost. I took the eye exam, the girl doing the testing did not provide their findings on my Glocoma test.  Dr Mathew Trego completed the Eye Exam to determine my prescription. I asked for a written prescription and requested the report sent to my Primary Care Physician. This doctor told me I had cataracts and I should get consultation with a Specialist, that is not part of their business, to see about getting the cataracts removed. He said he would set up an appointment for me.

When I went to check out, the girl behind the counter told me I had a $35.00 co-pay. I told her I was told that my insurance covered their appointment. She said that the doctor made a "medical" determination and that was more than the basic appoinment. I told her that I was not by the doctor that there would be an additional charge.
Instead of raising my voice and causing a seen, i paid it and left. I am trying to live on Social Security and getting ripped off by a company that is out to over charge people demonstrates they are a bunch of thieves.

Next, I Posted a Negative review of this company on popular review website, I got a call from their office from Nancy, the office manager. I told her the story and she said she checked with the doctor and he told her he had told me there would be an additional charge. He did not. I told her he said absoluety nothing about an addition charge and she made excuses.

I have filed a Grievance with my insurance company and have also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

These people are liars and have absoluetly no integrity. Apparently, $35 is the selling price of their poor reputation. Don't do business with these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2016 12:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nittany-eye-associates/state-college-pennsylvania-16801/nittany-eye-associates-over-charged-me-the-made-excuses-when-challenged-incomplete-eye-e-1292976. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content