Complaint Review: NME - National Magazine Exchange - AP9 Homeworks - AP9 Connections

• Submitted: Thu, August 04, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, August 04, 2005
  • Reported By: Denver North Carolina
  • NME - National Magazine Exchange - AP9 Homeworks - AP9 Connections
    16120 US 19 North
    Clearwater, Florida

NME - National Magazine Exchange - AP9 Homeworks - AP9 Connections ripoff, generated unauthorized credit card charges Clearwater Florida

Received National Magazine Exchange invoice September 2004 for the following magazines: Inc, Metropolotan Home, Western Interiors, Womans Day, Shape, Fast Company, TV Guide, Spin, House & Gardens for 4 years or 208 weeks at $1.29 per week! Furthermore, when my credit card statement arrived, I had a charge from them for $89.44 PLUS additional mystery charges for AP9 Homeworks (877-844-1326)for 9.95 and AP9 Connections(800-568-2386)for 8.95.

Absolutely none of these charges were authorized. When I called the numbers on the charge card to investigate & cancel, I was told that I must have initiated a call to NME and placed the order which I most certainly did't. Neither did I place an order for or agree any kind "Homeworks" or "Connections" mess.

I was given the above address to write to request the "consumer consent tape and verification" which I will find useful as evidence but not critical in NC court fraud & theft proceedings. (to Mike the NME employee in 8/4/2005 post-I'm still waiting for the tape...)Wouldn't it be unfortunate if this owner (lookup at http://ccfcorp.dos.state.fl.us/) had his assets auctioned off to pay restitution for the thousands of NME and AP9 victims?

I urge anyone taken by these pirates to file with their state's Attorney General's Office, get their money back and take this outfit to court for unauthorized charges.

Chris
Denver, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2005 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nme-national-magazine-exchange-ap9-homeworks-ap9-connections/clearwater-florida-33764/nme-national-magazine-exchange-ap9-homeworks-ap9-connections-ripoff-generated-unaut-152505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content