Complaint Review: nmg*ck cooking knife

• Reported By: GreatGrand — Birmingham Alabama
  • nmg*ck cooking knife

, Select State/Province
    USA

nmg*ck cooking knife/North American Membership Group/Cooking Pleasures cutlery & ceramic Fraudulently took out $97.83 from my checking acct for a "knifeclub membership"??? Kennesaw Georgia

*Author of original report: with help from rippedoff report refund rec'd

I think this was under free items via emails. on 3/26/2014 paid via  my debit card$3.30 S& H only  for a free

cooking knife.   Noted 4/15/2014  or even before a debit of$97.83 was listed on my checking acct from nmg*ck

cook (ing knife)  Found their phone # from this website & Phoned & they cancelled me for this& for ceramics.

On 4/2l/2014 I rec'd a pkg from them. I returned it unopened & marked "Refused--Return to Sender"

& told my substitute mail carrier this return was vitally important to me.

Later pulled up the tracking (from Angelina (?) via phone) order & my mail carrier, Richard, left the pkg

delivered--not refused--return to sender.   He made a grave mistake not "doing his  job".

The cancellation emails were dated 4/l5/2014 & the pkg left Kennesaw Ga on 4/19/20l4.

I returned the pkg, knowing it  was a scam (too late for me tho) & stressed to Richard the importance

of performing his job correctly (never suspecting he would not document the truth)   I am a greatgrandmother

living on a fixed income & I am yet another victim of  this fraudulent group.

The final date on my ckg acct for this debit was 4/21/1014.  It seems it was  earlier when I pulled it up

on the computer.   They are fraudulent & this was a scam.\

Please do  not fall victim to this group as I have.  It appears that my bank will not do anything even

tho I disputed this charge 4/25/2014.  I intend to  file additional reports to everyone Ican  think of.

Do you  think/believe this group will notify me when they receive (have received) my returned &

refused pkg?  I was ad vised this date 4/29/2014 they have not rec'd the pkg &some of thepostal

workers will not even speak to me--not yet about this expensive (to me) error.  There will be

additional claims & reports filed by me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2014 09:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nmgck-cooking-knife/select-stateprovince/nmgck-cooking-knifenorth-american-membership-groupcooking-pleasures-cutlery-amp-cera-1142839. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

with help from rippedoff report refund rec'd

AUTHOR: GreatGrand - ()

update of report of 4/29/l4--Followed suggestions on ripoff report & filed a dispute with my bank & also began process of contacting state bank governing agency.  In addition, notified USPS of blatant omission of fill-in mail carrier of 4/21/l4.  (correction : date of my bank visit/report was 4/22/l4)

On about 5/6/l4 noted via internet checking acct had debit of $97.83 from nmg*cook(ing knife).  Assume bank followed guidelines & waited l5 days & debited my checking acct.

As of 5/9/l4 USPS emails show pkg (evidently located about 5/6/l4) that I returned unopened & marked refused-return to sender on 4/2l/l4 is now in Atlanta USPS (recipient is in Kennesaw, GA)  Have requested USPS to keep me updated.  If there is any problem I will update this rpt again.

I am very grateful to rippedoff report.com for the help and advice that enabled me to get the refund. Thank you.  Please keep up the good work.

I've been reminded to be more cautious in giving out seemingly routine info to an entity with which I am not familiar.    Hope the public out there learns from my mistake.

Thanks again, ripoffreport.com.