Complaint Review: North Coast Home Inspection,LLC

• North Coast Home Inspection,LLC
    647 U S Route 1 Unit 14-263
    York, Maine
    USA

I had an home inspector from the above named company. He Mr Christopert produced an inspection license on his brojure of License/certificate number of  260159. I later discovered  he took an home course not involed with the stateof Maine that doesn'tissue such license,

First complaint, His report indicates fiber glass  in an enclouser  in  a bathroom  tub /shower. He was incorrect. When i called  him to explain  his inspection  on this was incorrect. I tried to imform him of other errors. He  said ," have a good day :"and hung the  phone up..

There is more. His report that the outside faucet on the back of the hous is not working. I later checked it and discovered plenty of water after in turned the inside valve on,

Thats only a few. I wouldn't tell this inspector if his pants to be on fire.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2017 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/north-coast-home-inspectionllc/york-maine-03909/north-coast-home-inspectionllc-mtchristopher-ross-sr-inspector-catch-me-if-you-can-y-1383079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
2Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

North Coast Home Inspection – Rebuttal to 7/08/17 Post

AUTHOR: Chris Ross - (USA)

In reponse to this post, the Home Inspection in reference was conducted in August of 2016.  I was not contacted until May 24th of 2017, (nearly 10 months later), by an individual who was not my client.  I have yet to be contacted by the person with whom I was actually contracted with regarding this inspection.  In my desire to provide my clients with a quality Home Inspection I attended the American Home Inspectors Training (AHIT) which is made up of both online and On-Site Classes.  Upon completion, I applied for certification through American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) and was granted a certification number.  The ASHI certification number is the one included in all company Documents, not a Maine License number.  The State of Maine does not require a License for Home Inspectors, but my company strives to go above and beyond standard requirments.

In reference to the complaint:

My report stated a fireglass tub as that is what was there at time of inspection.  In addition at that time, there was no evidence of deteriortation on surrounding area.

Per the Maine Coalition of Home Inspection Professionals STANDARDS OF PRACTICE,

Standards apply to a visual inspection of the readily accessible area of the included items. components, and systems to determine if, at the time of the inspection, they are performing their intended function without regard to life expectancy.

Inspections performed under these Standards are not an expressed or implied warranty or a guarantee of the adequacy, performace, or usefull life of any item, component, or system, on, or about the inspected property.

Inspections performed under these Standards are considered to be visual and rely upon the opinion, judgment, and experince of the inspector.  They are not intended to be technically exhaustive.  The inspection and report are opinion only, based upon visual observation of existing conditions of the inspected property at the time of inspection.  THE REPORT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE, OR TO BE CONSTRUED AS, A GUARANTEE, WARRANTY, OR ANY FORM OF INSURANCE. The Inspector shall not be responsible for any repairs or replacments with regard to the property or the contents thereof. The prcedding statments are included in our inspection agreement signed by each client prior to the inspction being conducted.

North Coast Home Inspection does not take lightly this, nor any other complaint or misinterpretation regarding our service.  We will continue to strive to give our clients the highest level of excellence.

Christopher Ross

General Manager/Inspector

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

North Coast Home Inspection’s Rebuttal to Post 07/05/17

AUTHOR: Chris Ross - (USA)

In response to this post, the Home Inspection in reference was conducted in August of 2016.  I was not contacted until May 24th of 2017, (nearly 10 months later), by an individual who was not my client.  I have yet to be contacted by the person with whom I was actually contracted with regarding this inspection. In my desire to provide my clients with a quality Home Inspection I attended American Home Inspectors Training (AHIT) which is made up of both online and On-Site Classes.  Upon completion, I applied for certification through America Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) and was granted a certification number.  The AHSI certification number is the one included in all company Documents, not a Maine License number.  The State of Maine does not require a License for Home Inspectors, but my company strives to go above and beyond standard requirements.

In reference to the complaint:

My report stated a fiberglass tub as that is what was there at time of inspection.  In addition at that time, there was no evidence of deterioration on surrounding area.

Per the Maine Coalition of Home Inspection Professionals STANDARDS OF PRACTICE,

Standards apply to a visual inspection of the readily accessible areas of the included items, components, and systems to determine if, at the time of the inspection, they are performing their intended function without regard to life expectancy.

Inspections performed under these Standards are not an expressed or implied warranty or a guarantee of the adequacy, performance, or useful life of any item, component, or system in, on, or about the inspected property.

Inspections performed under these Standards are considered to be visual and rely upon the opinion, judgment, and experience of the Inspector. They are not intended to be technically exhaustive. The inspection and report are opinions only, based upon visual observation of existing conditions of the inspected property at the time of the inspection. THE REPORT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE, OR TO BE CONSTRUED AS, A GUARANTEE, WARRANTY, OR ANY FORM OF INSURANCE. The Inspector shall not be responsible for any repairs or replacements with regard to the property or the contents thereof. The preceding statements are included in our inspection agreement signed by each client prior to the inspection being conducted.

Christopher Ross

General Manager / Inspector

update North coast home

AUTHOR: - ()

I  sent a letter to Mr.  Christopher Ross Sr. stating the bath tub/shower walls are wood not fber glass as indicated in his report and the wood has not rotted contigious to the tub. He refused to pay for the mistake.   No report on the status of the electric in a shed.

Report  ALL windows and screens are satisfactory. Wrong some screens are missing.

Couldn't find water meter under a stair case.

Light switches unknown what they control. He never mentioned in report.

Mr. Ross Sr. never responded to my request to solve the problems .