Complaint Review: North Phoenix Pawn

• North Phoenix Pawn
    10620 N. 19th Avenue
    Phoenix, Arizona
    USA

North Phoenix Pawn, Active Pawn, Pawn First Charged More than Agreed Phoenix Arizona

I paid $10 within the past 30 days for the background check, which was to be applied to the sales price of a gun if I passed.*  I passed. Today I chose a gun at the posted price of $139.95.  The price was shown on a tag directly in front of the gun that the associate took out of the case.  The [price, therefore, was $129.99.

She took the tag and the gun to the register as I watched.  She was extremely hostile to me while she did this and that with the paperwork.  I was actually afaraid to be there, but I had paid money and so went through with the transaction. Eventually, she printed a receipt and I signed hurriedly.  On the way home, I saw that she charged me $149.00:  She overcharged me by $20.00.

I called just now and someone there tried to tell me that that the gun next to the one I bought was $139.99 but the one I bought was $149.99.  That is nonsense.  A lie.  I was right in front of the gun and watching.  However, if it were $149.99, which it was not, the $10 background check fee was not deducted as promised.

I used a debit card for this transaction.  The card company is too busy to take my report at this time.

*On the phone a few days ago, someone there told me that they almost never have guns for less than $200.00 and would not have any in stock until after the first of the year.  That would be outside of the 30-day window for the background check and I would have to pay them again to run a background check.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2015 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/north-phoenix-pawn/phoenix-arizona-85029/north-phoenix-pawn-active-pawn-pawn-first-charged-more-than-agreed-phoenix-arizona-1273147. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content