Complaint Review: North Star Finance

• Reported By: B. Terry — Charlotte North Carolina USA
  • North Star Finance

Beverly Hills, California
    USA

North Star Finance North Star Finance Group Liars and Theives Beverly Hills California

*Author of original report: Lying and Stealing is not Business

They advertised sevices to help me obtain a Request for Modification Assistance from my Mortgage provider Select Portfolio Servicing, Inc. (BTW another company found guilty of wrong doing).

I was called several times to make a payment fopr sevices. At the begining, I was reluctant becuase I that they had done nothing but sent me some paperwork I basically filled. Eventually, I trusted them and made the first payment. Almost immediately I was forced into filing for Chapter 13.

Proimised to receive my money back for services not rendered, and now when I call, I am unable to speak with any of the representives/agents: Maddison Smith, Michael Shapiro, Angelia Walters, Daniel McCaffey, William Russell, or Alex Parker. I mainly spoke with Angelia Walter, William Russell, Daniel McCaffey. The last communication with (Daniel McCaffey) I was told he was going to submit an email to find out which department handled refunds? He was unable to give me information on who or what deaprtment I should call.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2016 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/north-star-finance/beverly-hills-california/north-star-finance-north-star-finance-group-liars-and-theives-beverly-hills-california-1325442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Lying and Stealing is not Business

AUTHOR: - ()

They advertised services to help me obtain a RMA (Request for Mortgage Assistance) from my existing mortgage lender, Select Portfolio Servicing, Inc. (an organization that had a Federal ruling against them in 2012 for illegal practices). For three years Select Portfolio Servicing, Inc had me submit and re-submit documentation so I decided to let North Star Finance Group come in to help with the negotiations. I was able to call and speak with a representative at any time without a problem. They requested an initial fee of $3852.00 and broke it down to two payments of $1926.00. The first payment was made. Soon after I was forced to take immediate action and file Chapter 13. In a agreement I requested a refund, for services not rendered.

Today, none of my calls or emails are answered by any of the representatives / agents: Maddison Smith, Michael Shapiro, Angelia Walters, Daniel McCaffey, William Russell, or Alex Parker. I mainly spoke with Angelia Walter, William Russell, and Daniel McCaffey. The last communication with (Daniel McCaffey) I was told he was going to submit an email to find out which department handled refunds? He was unable to give me information on who or what department I should call.

These people and the company they represent are in fact fraudulent.