Complaint Review: Northern Leasing Systems, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, June 16, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, June 16, 2012
  • Reported By: Luanne Brooten — Silver City New Mexico United States of America
  • Northern Leasing Systems, Inc.
    132 West 31st St.- 14th floor New York, NY 10001
    New York, New York
    United States of America

Northern Leasing Systems, Inc. Victimizes small businesses across the country New York, New York

Northern Leasing Services, Inc. has been making my life hell for over 2 years. Now they are filing a law suit against me in the city of New York. I live in New Mexico. I returned faulty equipment and should not owe them a penny, but they continue to harass me.
They claim I have to go to New York to defend myself.
They claim I have to hire a New York lawyer to represent me.
They lied!!!!!
Everyone should know--call the New York civil court system and ask for the clerk of court office. Number is online.
You do not need to go to New York.
You can send an answer to Northern Leasing's law suit by mail !!!!
You do not need to hire a New York Lawyer--the court has information online to help you defend yourself.
This is a civil suit not a criminal case.
They can not do most of what they threaten you with--this is an unsecured loan. You do need to take steps to protect your checking account.
Northern Leasing wins most of its cases by default--don't let them do that to you--send the court your side.
They put an incorrect file number on my summons--that may be fraud--I called the court and they gave me the right file number for my case. Use the wrong file number and your info gets lost.
After I got my summons a law firm from NY wrote me wanting my business--when I e-mailed them the guy called within an hour and bragged about how he was a friend of the Northern Leasing lawyer--big conflict of interest.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2012 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/northern-leasing-systems-inc/new-york-new-york-10001/northern-leasing-systems-inc-victimizes-small-businesses-across-the-country-new-york-n-898445. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content