Complaint Review: Northern Tool Co

• Reported By: notagain! — Hilliard Florida
  • Northern Tool Co

Internet
    USA

Northern Tool & Equipment co. The Forearm Forklift Lifting Straps I purchased and used twice, broke in half. Refused to replace or refund because of age of product. Internet

I purchased Item 14305-Forearm forklift lifting straps in 2007.  I did not use them for a year, but kept them in their container in my pantry/tool room.  I used them twice, and then this last month, 2013,  my neighbor was helping me lift a smallish refrigerator and i said, "Wait, I have just the thing!"  As we were going down 5 steps, one of the straps broke almost cleanly intwo and dropped the refrigerator on the floor.

I explained to Northern Tool, that they had been kept clean and almost unused in my house (as this is not the type of tool you might use frequently) .  I asked for a refund and they almost laughted at me.  They said this tool only had ONE MONTH warranty.

I replied nastily that I saw they were aligned with  H***** F******, so no wonder their product was shoddy.  The straps look like new, even now, although the one is snapped in two.

Carol

Hilliard,FL

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2013 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/northern-tool-co/internet/northern-tool-amp-equipment-co-the-forearm-forklift-lifting-straps-i-purchased-and-use-1060430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content