Complaint Review: Northland Group Inc

• Northland Group Inc
    P.O. Box 390846
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    United States of America

Northland Group Inc GE Money Bank DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS COMPANY!! Minneapolis, Minnesota

I received a letter in the mail for my granddaughter (who is underage). Upon opening it I saw where she was being charged 3,239.25 and they were willing to settle for 485.88.

Upon calling them I received a recording stating I was calling after hours and they needed the account # for me to get more information about this bill. I put in the account number (which was strange because it started with a letter) and they said to verify the information they needed the last four digits of my SS #. I put in the last 4 digits of mine and not my granddaughter's. They popped up with her name (which had to be associated with the acct. # not the SS #. )

They said if I was ---------- to press 1 if not to press 2. I pressed 2 and they still proceeded to state they were a collection company trying to collect a debt. I have never heard of GE Money Bank before and I know my granddaughter sure didn't run up this bill.

They proceeded to give me the so called web address to pay the bill online.  With that I hung up on them

Nobody should respond  to this so called company if they receive a letter in the mail from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2013 08:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/northland-group-inc/minneapolis-minnesota-55439/northland-group-inc-ge-money-bank-do-not-respond-to-this-company-minneapolis-minnesota-1003572. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content