Complaint Review: Northland Group Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, January 23, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 23, 2013
  • Reported By: karen — Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania United States of America
  • Northland Group Inc.
    PO Box 390846
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    United States of America

Northland Group Inc. NGI@northlandgroup.com SCAM. THEY ARE LOOKING FOR CASH ON NON-EXISTENT DEBT. Minneapolis, Minnesota

Just received  letter claiming a debt of 566.32.    I haven't had or opened any type of credit in 15 years.  They are offering to 'settle' for 84.96, broken into three  payments.
It might sound very reasonable if I actually owed anybody anything, but I don't.

I am ignoring it, and I've had a couple other of these through the years.  In the past, whenever I tried in good faith to find out the specifics, thinking that I had overlooked a bill somehow, all they did was double and triple-down their efforts to contact and/or make threats.  I have never had a scam company like this do anything if they were ignored.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 05:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/northland-group-inc/minneapolis-minnesota-55439/northland-group-inc-nginorthlandgroupcom-scam-they-are-looking-for-cash-on-non-exist-1002190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content