Complaint Review: NorthStyle/ Shopping Essential Plus

• NorthStyle/ Shopping Essential Plus
    222 Mill Road
    Internet
    United States of America

NorthStyle/ Shopping Essential Plus Potpourri Group, Inc., Catalog Favorites, In the Company of Dogs, The Stitchery, Expressions, Nature's Jewerly, The Pyramid Collection, Back in the Saddle, Serengeti, Whatever Works, Young Explorers Gave my credit card information to Shopping Essential Plus without my authorization. Internet

*Consumer Comment: still wouldn't buy from them again

*UPDATE Employee: Not a scam

*General Comment: Also a victim of PGI Serengeti savings club

BEWARE of this company!!! I ordered something for Christmas online with Northstyle. There was a pop-up for a rebate. I clicked to get out of it because (being smarter than a 5th grader) I know that there is a catch to anything good. I was going through my bank statement and noticed some $11.95 charges popping up every month. I just thought it was something my husband had purchased. It wasn't. I called the number on the account to find out what was going on. It was Shopping Essential Plus, some coupon company. I told them that I never authorized these transactions. They preceeded to tell me that they received my information through NorthStyle. I called NorthStyle. They told me I had clicked to authorize this. I told them there must be some mistake. I am 200% sure that I would not click this because I knew these types of things are scams. The supervisor stated that I would need to call Shopping Essential Plus to get the refunds. I did. They are suppose to refund my money within a week and a half, 04/24/10. There were 5 transactions.

This is a deceiving method of business, and if NorthStyle wants to do business with them. We all need to be careful. Our private information is something we all need to protect.

I will let you know if they follow through.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2010 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/northstyle-shopping-essential-plus/internet/northstyle-shopping-essential-plus-potpourri-group-inc-catalog-favorites-in-the-compa-596235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

still wouldn't buy from them again

AUTHOR: jls - (United States of America)

I appreciate your input, however, if you google this company you work for - there are TONS of complaints about this sort of thing.  I don't believe MOST people would want to sign up for this type of thing if they knew they were doing it.  Yeah, sure.. read the pop ups but most of us are tuned to just click out of any popup. I still say it's deceptive. I complained enough to get my money back and that's really all I wanted.

I'm sure there are many unsuspecting fools like I was.. who don't check their credit card statements.

My fault.. absolutely for not checking. My fault for not reading through a popup, but really.. WHO would want to sign up for this type of thing?  Honestly?

I loved the magazines.. loved the clothes but now shy away from buying anything at all from them.. and toss the magazines in the trash without looking.

At least I was refunded in full.. and I commend them for that

Not a scam

AUTHOR: Customer service worker - (United States of America)

I am a customer service representitive at pyramid collection northstyle all those sistering companies and i do no alot about this kind of a thing that tones of customers call on a daily bassis about first off when you do go and place a order and as well as any pop ups you should as well first read to as what popped up do not exit right away and also when these programs are offered online the only way for it to authorize is if your information is given and than you are contacted through email to authorize you have signed up for that membership program as of now northstyle no longer offers membership program called shopping essentials membership program all customer are authorized if you do have charges on your account to please contact the bank and dispute the charges on your credit card thank you everyone and a proud customer service rep. for northstyle

#3 General Comment

Also a victim of PGI Serengeti savings club

AUTHOR: jls - (United States of America)

Ok they got me for 4 months - 11.95 each month!

It has to be deception because I would never sign up for something like this. I called to cancel the membership and the person I spoke to could not have cared any less at all.