Complaint Review: Now & Zen

• Reported By: Northbrook Illinois
  • Now & Zen
    1638 Pearl Street
    Boulder, Colorado

Now & Zen Expensive clocks with only 1 year warranty and outrageous replacement policy Boulder Colorado

I purchased this digital clock just over 2 years ago and the display suddently went blank. After a call to the company, once the lady had me try some basic things like unlugging and replugging in the clock, which I had done long before calling the company, she confirmed that the clock was defective, announced that they don't repair clocks because they are manufactured outside of the United States, (preseumably to maximize their profit while minimizing American jobs), that they would replace the clock for half price, $55.00, in this case, plus shipping and handling and upon the return of the defective clock at my expense. I told her that the comany's replacement policy was outrageous and after a few lame excuses told me that if I changed my mind I knew how to contact them and hung up on me.

These are not inexpensive clocks which they market as very high quality. I have $10.00 digital clocks that never have failed. If they are a reliable company making high end quality products they should stand behind them with a longer warranty and if they are quality products, the replacement rate should be so minimal so that they should can take care of the rare defective products with just a no cost return and replacement policy. Reputable companies do that.

Milford
Northbrook, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2009 09:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/now-zen/boulder-colorado-80302/now-zen-expensive-clocks-with-only-1-year-warranty-and-outrageous-replacement-policy-bou-458872. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content