Complaint Review: NSS Magazine - Subscription Company

• NSS Magazine - Subscription Company
    Nationwide USA
    Internet

NSS Magazine Subscription Company ripoff fraud Nationwide Internet

This morning I checked my bank statement - which includes my VISA debit card - and found four charges to NSS for magazine subscriptions that I never authorized. I did take advantage of their "free" 3 month subscription and did provide my debit card # for "authentication" but never authorized charges for any paid subscriptions.

I tried the 1-800 # posted here and first went through a long automated process to cancel the subscriptions. I then called back and pressed the "0" (zero) key on the phone repeatedly and got a real person. She told me that their computers were down for maintenance but that she would take my info and that a customer service rep would call me back "within 10 days" (while the automated service said the credit would appear within "72 hours, although it may take 2 to 3 billing cycles.

I'm glad to have found this website (thank goodness for Google!) and hope that I get my $109.94 back and hope that others who have been similarly ripped off will get reimbursed as well.

Clinton
Birmingham, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2003 07:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nss-magazine-subscription-company/internet/nss-magazine-subscription-company-ripoff-fraud-nationwide-internet-69253. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content